The perfect alternative to a traditional meat burger
Porciones 4 persons, Tiempo de cocción 75 minutes
- 6 uncooked beetroots (about 1 kg)
- 1 lemon
- 750 g cod fillet, in pieces
- 1 shallot, in pieces
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 egg
- 1 slice stale bread, crumbled
- freshly ground black pepper
- 50 g flour
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon horseradish, finely grated
- 125 ml crème fraîche
- - aluminium foil
- - food processor with knife accessory
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 °C. Put the beetroot in an oven dish and cover with aluminium foil. Roast them in the oven for 1 hour and leave to cool.
- Clean the lemon and grate 1 teaspoon of zest.
- Place the knife accessory in the food processor before adding the fish, lemon zest, shallot, capers, egg, breadcrumbs, mustard seeds and salt and pepper to taste. Purée to a smooth mixture.
- Using wet hands, make 4 burgers from the fish mixture, flatten them slightly, then roll through the flour.
- Take the beetroot out of the oven, rub off the skins (after they’ve cooled slightly) and purée them in the food processor, along with the horseradish and crème fraîche. Season to taste with salt and pepper and keep warm until use.
- Thinly slice the lemon. Fry the fish burgers in the oil for 10 minutes on each side until golden; serve with the beetroot purée and lemon slices.
- 1 hour and 15 minutes preparation time